Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This, I know, is true...

 I have always been a light sleeper, but one of my treatments for Lymphoma is Prednisone which really does me in!

I 've learned how to make the best of it. Some nights I go to bed and then get up to write before midnight. Most days I am awake between 3 - 5 a.m. (without the alarm!). Rather than fight with  Mr. Sandman, I get up, take Rose out, make myself a cup of tea, light some candles and nag champa incense and then I am ready to write!  It's my own daily ritual and the only way that I can make use of that creative early morning energy. By noon, I have usually reached my writing peak and I'm ready to quit.  But to me, anything that is written in the wee hours rarely has to be edited. I bought a framed quote at a thrift store that says, "Make time for the quiet moments for God whispers and the world is loud."  I believe this to be true...when we are  most quiet, we listen for gentle cues from the "word  gods" that help  us create!

No comments:

Post a Comment