Friday, March 21, 2014

HAPPY SPRING! Here's an excerpt from my book...

What a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, the birds are singing their morning song, and all is well! Have a great day, every one! Here is an excerpt from my book, Living La Vida (Lymphoma):
* * *
Saturday, March 3
A Rest Stop
Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.
~Rabindranath Tagore

     Rose and I drove to our favorite place to walk, on the grounds of Our Lady of La Leche this morning. It was chilly. But, something was different. I was half-asleep due to my chronic insomnia. I pulled into the parking lot. All I wanted was to take Rose for her morning jaunt and get back to our warm and cozy cottage. 
     The first thing I noticed was the abundance of birds. The sky was swarming with them. The trees were filled with them. The ground was blanketed with them. I opened the car door and the sound of chirping was deafening. Rose and I were in bird-shock. I had never seen so many birds. Then, I remembered Kathleen telling me how, one day per year, robins return to St. Augustine before they migrate back home. I took a closer look. These were little robin red breasts en masse. It was 6:30 A.M. I called Kathleen on her cell phone knowing that she was on her way to work. I held the phone in the air to capture their rapture for her to enjoy. “What do you hear?” I shouted. 
     “Wow! Those birds are so loud!” Then she had her Aha moment. “Oh, my God! The robins are back!”  We got to share a precious moment. It was something that I will never forget. Robins twittered around Rose and me. The expression on her face was comical. Not only is she squirrel-obsessed, birds come a close second. Surprisingly, she sat there, frozen in place.
      We stayed for over an hour in awe of nature and her bounty. What a great way to start the day. And to think I had arrived at the park praying that fur-face would take care of business in a quick manner. Now I was thankful for just being there. Mother Nature had stepped in to give me a morale boost. I witnessed the robin’s migratory rest-stop, and I in turn savored my rest stop. I love when that happens.

Affirmation:  As new experiences unfold, I bask in their glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment