About Me

My photo
Who am I? I am a Writer. Blogger. Light Worker. Medium. Reiki Practitioner. Motivator. Educator. Quote Keeper. Animal lover. Friend. And my main objective? To live life to the fullest!

Friday, March 21, 2014

HAPPY SPRING! Here's an excerpt from my book...

What a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, the birds are singing their morning song, and all is well! Have a great day, every one! Here is an excerpt from my book, Living La Vida (Lymphoma):
* * *
Saturday, March 3
A Rest Stop
Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.
~Rabindranath Tagore

     Rose and I drove to our favorite place to walk, on the grounds of Our Lady of La Leche this morning. It was chilly. But, something was different. I was half-asleep due to my chronic insomnia. I pulled into the parking lot. All I wanted was to take Rose for her morning jaunt and get back to our warm and cozy cottage. 
     The first thing I noticed was the abundance of birds. The sky was swarming with them. The trees were filled with them. The ground was blanketed with them. I opened the car door and the sound of chirping was deafening. Rose and I were in bird-shock. I had never seen so many birds. Then, I remembered Kathleen telling me how, one day per year, robins return to St. Augustine before they migrate back home. I took a closer look. These were little robin red breasts en masse. It was 6:30 A.M. I called Kathleen on her cell phone knowing that she was on her way to work. I held the phone in the air to capture their rapture for her to enjoy. “What do you hear?” I shouted. 
     “Wow! Those birds are so loud!” Then she had her Aha moment. “Oh, my God! The robins are back!”  We got to share a precious moment. It was something that I will never forget. Robins twittered around Rose and me. The expression on her face was comical. Not only is she squirrel-obsessed, birds come a close second. Surprisingly, she sat there, frozen in place.
      We stayed for over an hour in awe of nature and her bounty. What a great way to start the day. And to think I had arrived at the park praying that fur-face would take care of business in a quick manner. Now I was thankful for just being there. Mother Nature had stepped in to give me a morale boost. I witnessed the robin’s migratory rest-stop, and I in turn savored my rest stop. I love when that happens.

Affirmation:  As new experiences unfold, I bask in their glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment