About Me

My photo
Who am I? I am a Writer. Blogger. Light Worker. Medium. Reiki Practitioner. Motivator. Educator. Quote Keeper. Animal lover. Friend. And my main objective? To live life to the fullest!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

COOL IDEA!

WHAT AN AWESOME CONCEPT!!!! ♥, ♥, ♥ IT!!!
As a former Early Childhood Educator, I was always searching for ways to encourage the love of reading. Many of the children that I taught were at below poverty level. Once a week, during nap time, I'd leave the children with my classroom assistants and I'd choose 5 children to go to the school library with me to pick books for our reading corner. Many of my students had never seen, let alone touched a book in their house, OR had the opportunity to go to a library! I delighted in seeing their little faces light up when they began to love books!

I developed my own classroom library system where children and their parents could "check out" a book to take home and return it the next day. I had a room mother who was bilingual and she'd tape record children's books for me to use in my Listening Center. I always bought books for them as gifts at Christmas time.

The idea that is featured in this picture really excited me! How easy would that be to have at a bus stop, or a park?
C'mon lotto! I want to make things happen! 




No comments:

Post a Comment