Tuesday, November 5, 2013

♥ Great advice! ♥

     When I saw this quote, it truly resonated with me...all throughout my life, there have been some people who told me that being a Writer was a pipe dream. Even when I worked a regular 9-5 job, I still continued to write. It was my creative outlet. My dream. My passion. 

     It took my cancer diagnosis, my divorce after 24 years of marriage, a move and living life alone for the first time ever for me to decide to write full time. I say that cancer was a "gift" because it made me set aside all fear. Doctors had given me a death sentence and predicted that I had three to five years. What did I have to lose if I didn't give it a try? 

     I've always had that Irish streak in me and a sense of competition to never give up, so I put my all into my writing. I joined Writer's associations, started going to workshops and writer's conferences. I belong to an awesome writer's critique group that meets once a week. After all of my hard work and dedication, I now have two blogs, this one as well as a daily blog, Living La Vida Lymphoma, plus, I've published three books this year. 

     I guess my message to you today is, NEVER let other people tell you what you can or cannot do! No one is the boss of YOU! Follow your dreams...if it doesn't work out, then move onto the next dream! Follow your bliss, Beloveds! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment